Misconceptions About Porcelain Veneers
If you desire the perfect smile but have imperfect teeth, you are not alone. Many patients looking for cosmetic dentistry solutions have discoloration, excessive wear, decay, and teeth shifting. In your quest for a more beautiful smile, you may wonder why porcelain veneers have grown in popularity, and if it is the right treatment for you.
Porcelain Veneers and What They Treat
Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain that bond to tooth surfaces to conceal imperfections. Dental technology has advanced dramatically over the past three decades and veneers are now more aesthetically appealing, and the process is easier. Porcelain veneers are used to correct the following structural and cosmetic dental issues:
- Gapped teeth
- Minor misalignments
- The Application Process Is Painful: A local anesthetic may or may not be applied to the treatment area to eliminate any discomfort. It all depends on the patients’ level of sensitivity. Then, the dental veneer is placed.
- Veneers are Only Used on The Front of Your Mouth: Usually, veneers are placed on the most visible six front teeth. But, veneers can be used to restore the bottom teeth and premolars.
- Before Veneers Can Be Placed, the Entire Tooth Must Be Filed Down: Some tooth preparation is required to place a dental veneer, but the reshaping is minimal. Our Raleigh, NC dentist will always work to conserve as much of the tooth structure as possible for proper placement.
- Veneers Can be Placed in a Single Visit: The application of veneers is a multistep process. After your Raleigh, NC dentist performs a smile analysis and works with a dental lab, you will be given temporary restorations to wear while you wait.
- Veneers are Noticeable and Unnaturally White: Today, porcelain veneers can be customized to perfectly match the natural color thickness, and shape of existing teeth.
Are Porcelain Veneers the Right Solution for You?
Porcelain veneers are an effective solution for restoring stained, chipped, decayed, or crooked teeth. Dr. Thurmond’s dental office in Raleigh, NC uses advanced CEREC technology in-office to help patients achieve beautiful smiles. As a cosmetic dentistry leader in Raleigh, our knowledgeable team will determine if veneers are right for you during your comprehensive consultation. Ideal candidates have good oral health overall and a sufficient amount of healthy enamel.