We want to welcome you to the Beverly Thurmond, DDS, PLLC family!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Click below to download New Patient Registration Materials
*Needed for 1st appointment
- Health History and Insurance*
- HIPAA Consent*
- Appointment Confirmation Consent*
- Release of records from previous dentist TO Dr. Thurmond (Complete and fax to our office prior to your appointment)
- Map (printable)
- Release of records FROM Dr. Thurmond to another dentist (Complete and fax to our office to have your dental records sent to another dentist
We recommend that a child’s first dental visit be scheduled after your child's 3rd birthday, unless you have a concern or emergency. It is very important to make the first visit as positive and enjoyable for the child as possible. Dr. Thurmond and her staff will explain what will be done at a level he/she can understand and will answer any questions he/she has. We have a series of educational and entertaining videos in each room that explains to him/her the importance of brushing, flossing and seeing the dentist regularly. With his/her first visit we want to build trust and set the tone for all future dental appointments!
His/her first visit is approximately 45 minutes.
- A Comprehensive Exam by Dr. Thurmond
- A Cleaning, also known as a Prophy
- Fluoride application
- X-rays, depending on age of child
- Sealants, depending on age of child
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early to complete paperwork, including health history, privacy consent, cancellation policy and confirming appointment consent documents. These documents are available below for downloading, printing and completing before arriving for your appointment.
Your first visit will last approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Full mouth series or Panorex X-rays (Previous x-rays and records can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Periodontal Probing (measures the bone level around each tooth)
- Comprehensive exam by Dr. Thurmond
- A Cleaning (prophy), if appropriate
At the end of your first appointment Dr. Thurmond will discuss with you any findings. If you require any treatments or restorative procedures, a treatment plan will be provided listing the cost for each procedure. You will receive a “goodie bag” and complete homecare instructions. Our knowledgeable staff is available to answer any questions you may have.